Celebrate this Independence Day at the campground with your family and enjoy some of these delicious 4th of July camping recipes! Whether you’re planning a big cookout with your friends or a quiet celebration with family, these easy-to-make meals are ideal for the campground. If you’re looking for the perfect RV to take you on your vacations, don’t miss the deal on this Keystone Hideout fifth wheel available today!
Make this delicious corn as a side dish, lunch with delicious toppings, or a snack!
- Corn on the cob with the husk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Add sugar and unhusked corn to a large bowl, sink, or clean bucket a cover with water.
- Soak for 1-2 hours. This helps the husks not catch fire while on the grill.
- Add directly to the hot grill and cook. Turn often to avoid burning and cook until tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and peel. Top with butter and salt, return to the grill to brown.
Cheesecake Strawberry Bites
Recipe adapted for camping from a recipe on www.inspiredbycharm.com.
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 package of graham crackers
- Add room temperature cream cheese to a bowl and beat until light and smooth.
- Add sour cream, sugar, milk, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Wash the strawberries and dry thoroughly.
- Crush the graham crackers and add to a bowl.
- Dip each strawberry first into the cheesecake dip and then into the graham cracker crumble to coat thoroughly. Place on a plate that is lined with parchment paper and chill until ready to serve.