How To Clean Your Leaking RV Waste Valve
Don’t let this leak go on for a while! You never know what kind of additional damage can occur until it is inspected and taken care of. Regular maintenance to your RV or camper is essential for it to last many years to come and to stay in good condition. Please be sure you are regularly cleaning your RV waste valve to avoid any damage to your valves. If you notice that your valve is beyond repair, you can always replace this yourself or we can give you a helping hand. If you need yours replaced, contact our Service Department today by either calling or texting us at (518)-563-1983. A member of our team will be ready to serve you!
RVing.how and RV Education 101’s video shares how you can clean your leaking RV waste valve:
- Find the damaged Valve: The common most waste water tanks have two valves made in the shape of a ‘T-Handles’ for superior opening and closing.
- Flushing off debris: Fill the tanks up to the brim with water, flush and rinse the tank thoroughly once or twice to clean the obstructing solids.
- RV Waste pipe: Cap your RV Waste Valve;
- Overnight drying: let the waste valve to drip dry;
- Re-Flush: Close valves, fill water into the tank from inside the RV;
- Wait and Uncap: Wait for 30 minutes, then uncap the waste valve.
We have the equipment and experience to get your camper in prime shape, and that means more road time for you. Give us a call and we’ll get you in and out of the shop in an efficient and timely manner, so you can get back to experiencing the freedom that the camping lifestyle provides.
Momot Trailer Sales, A Buying Experience That You Can Trust!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 4:00pm