- 1 package, 12-16 ounces kielbasa, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni noodles
- 8-10 oz jarred Alfredo sauce, about 3/4 of a 15 ounce jar
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese blend, cheddar and mozzarella, pizza blend or mexican cheese blend
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet or dutch oven, cook kielbasa. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- In a separate pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. You can also prepare noodles at home. Shock them with cold water to stop the cooking process and store them in a ziplock bag in the cooler.
- Add noodles, Alfredo sauce, cheese and slowly add milk to create a sauce (start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat on a grate over campfire coals for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from fire and serve immediately.
Source: The Adventure Bite