Dutch Oven Banana Bread
Source: Fresh Off The Grid
Nothing beats a nice, warm and freshly baked thing of banana bread. Fall is around the corner, the weather is getting chillier and this recipe will be perfect for you to warm up with! It is delicious and easy to make thanks to Fresh Off The Grid!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- At home (or in camp) whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare a campfire or a bed of about 20 coals.
- Place the bananas in a medium/large bowl and smash with a fork until fairly smooth. Add the butter, egg, and bourbon and stir until combined.
- Add the dry mixture, stirring until it’s completely incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- Line your Dutch oven with a sheet of parchment paper. This will help prevent the bread from sticking to the pot.
- Pour the batter into the Dutch oven and cover with the lid. Make a ring of 5 coals and place the Dutch oven on top. Place the remaining 15 coals on the lid.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully lift the bread out of the oven.
- Cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!