- 1 rack of pork ribs Baby Back
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 6 ounces Dr. Pepper or Coke, half of a can.
- 3 tablespoons BBQ dry rub
For the Dutch Oven
- Begin heating coals.
- Season ribs thoroughly with sweet rub.
- Slice into 3-4 rib portions.
- Pour 1/4 cup BBQ sauce in the bottom of a deep 12-inch dutch oven. The ribs will not fit in a shallow dutch oven.
- Layer the rib portions, the BBQ sauce, and the soda, ending with BBQ sauce on the top layer.
- Cover with lid.
- Place about 20 coals on top and 20 coals underneath the dutch oven.
- Cook for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, checking your heat after 15 and 30 minutes to make adjustments.
For the Oven
- Preheat oven to 300ºF
- Prepare ribs in dutch oven as directed above.
- Bake in the oven until the meat starts to pull away from the bone and the ribs are tender, about 3 hour to 3 1/2 hours.
Source: Longbourn Farm