Slide Out Tips
Are you making sure your camper is in tip top shape for future camping seasons? It’s important to maintain your camper slide outs regularly. They can help add that extra space you need in your living area, so making sure that they’re taken care of will help guarantee your camper to be camper ready for years to come! Here are some tips you can follow:
First thing, what are slide outs? Slide outs or glides, is a section in an RV that is pushed out to create more space for you and those who you camp with.
- We can’t stretch this enough…regular maintenance is crucial. People travel with campers for quite the distance, bring the slide outs in and out regularly and sometimes things can happen during these moments. Inspect the seams along your slide outs, note if they make any noises or if there are tears. if you need help with inspections, give us a text or call at (518)-563-1983 and a member of our team will be there to assist you. We do inspections and for a great price!
- Look out! Before you push your slides out or put them back in, look around the areas that they’ll come into contact with. Are there any doors open around it? Close them! Have you swept under the slide out? You should or something could snag your flooring! Is there anything in the way? You should probably move it! You don’t want to damage your flooring, parts or the slide out itself when your bringing it back in or out.
- Watch the weight! When your slide out is out, it is hanging over the side of the camper. There is not as much support for this in comparison to the center of your camper. This doesn’t mean you can’t use it, it’s designed for a lot of weight! Just be cautious of how much weight is being placed in this area and try not to put your heaviest items here.
- Keep an eye on the seals! Look for tearing, cracks and splits in the seals around the slide outs. You don’t want any water coming in!
- Ask for help when you need it! We get it, there is a lot to a camper. If you’d like to learn more about your slide outs, have questions or would like us to do any work for you, we can! All you need to do is reach out to us. You can either stop by at 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY, fill out a service fill out a service request or text/call us at (518)-563-1983! Our certified technicians are here to make your camping experience go as smoothly as possible and keep your camper in great condition for years to come.
At Momot Trailer Sales, We’re Always Behind You!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 4:00pm