The Easiest Campfire Nachos
2 servings for dinner, or 4 servings as an appetizer
4qt Dutch Oven
Dutch Oven Parchment Liners
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil
- ½ lb tortilla chips
- 1 (7.75 oz) can El Pato hot tomato sauce, or equivalent
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 4–5 green onions, sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
Lightly oil the bottom of a large dutch oven, to prevent the nachos from sticking.
For the first layer, evenly spread ⅓ of the chips into the dutch oven, topped with ¼ can El Pato, ¼ can black beans, ¼ cup cheese, and a handful of avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Repeat for the second layer.
For the third and final layer, use the remaining ⅓ portion of chips, ½ can El Pato, ½ can black beans, ½ cup cheese, and the remaining avocado, onion, and cilantro.
Cover the dutch oven and place on a metal grill over your campfire for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve with the lime wedges.