Are you embracing the cold weather this year and continuing your camping adventures?
Whether you’ll be traveling some place warm during the winter months or if you will be embracing the colder temperatures, we want to make sure you’re ready for it. If you think you’ll be camping during the colder months we have some tips and information to share with you! These were gathered from RVing.how and some from Kampgrounds of America. Check out their websites for more guides, tips and information on camping!
- Safety comes first! RVing.how shares how no matter what, you should know what kind of weather you will be driving in before you make your departure. If there is a lot of dangerous winds, snow storms, ice and so on, you should reconsider your travels or make sure you are well prepared.
- KOA makes a good point about insulation. If you’re looking to camp during the colder months, upgrading your camper and/or insulating it is the best route to take. This will help prevent damages to occur to your camper’s piping and it will save you some money in the long run since heat won’t be getting sucked out as easily. You can get seals for the windows and doors, insulate the floors, get covers, skirts and so on! Have you been thinking about upgrading your camper to one that is more savvy in the winter? Keystone RV Alpines are amazing and many of their campers come with the All Season Protection. This is when you can camp in any condition! Alpine is rated and tested to -14 degrees to help prevent water lines and tanks from freezing!
- KOA also mentions protecting your RV plumbing, engine, furnace and to take advantage of the other winterizing processes!
- Plumbing – Use heat strips on your pipes and hoses, warm the internal plumbing, use your internal freshwater tank more, try using a space heater, use small amounts of antifreeze periodically while camping, and dump your tanks wisely. All these tips from KOA are great and should be used wisely. If you have any questions or need parts to do these, reach out to us at (518)-563-1983 and a team member will be ready to serve you!
- Engine – Make sure to have your engine inspected before hitting the road. Ideally, have your camper inspected before hitting the road during the colder months. Check out the batteries, antifreeze, and so on!
- Schedule a service appointment to make sure your RV’s water heater and furnace are functioning properly!
- What kind of activities are you into? Be sure to pack up everything you need for skiing, snowboarding, ice fishing, snow shoeing, sledding and so on! Winter sports and activities are a blast so be sure you’re well prepared and have everything checked off your list before heading out!
We have everything you need to get yourself ready for camping in the winter. Whatever we don’t have in-stock at 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY we can always special order for you too! Be sure to reach out to us today by calling or texting (518)-563-1983 and a team member will be ready to serve you! Feel free to fill out an online parts request or order what you would like from the comfort of your home!
At Momot Trailer Sales, We’re Always Behind You!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 4:00pm