Maintenance Tips For Your Camper
- Ideally, you should clean the outside of your camper after every trip. Doing this, will keep the salt and grime off and prevent it from damaging the metal. All you need is a soft brush or large sponge and the right cleaning detergent. Make sure not to forget to clean the undercarriage of your camper and to avoid using a high-pressure hose. You can find all kinds of detergents to clean your camper at our fully stocked parts & service department. If you’d rather order online and in the comfort of your own home, you can do that too with our online parts store!
- Check your roof. We may sound like a broken record at this point but this is very important! When you’re traveling, there may be low hanging branches, storms or something else that could cause damage. If you see even the smallest tear in your roof, you should get this taken care of. The last thing that you want to happen is a leak or water damage during your camping trip!
- Clean those awnings! Please keep these cleaned! Due to their overexposure to rain, dirt, winds and more, it’s important to keep them cleaned and rolled back up properly. After you clean your awnings, be sure that they’re completely dry before storing them back up.
- How is your tire pressure. Tires on your camper are generally stronger than the ones on your vehicle. However, there is a lot more to a camper, like weight and road conditions, that they may go through. Be sure to check the tire pressure to ensure a safe travel during your camping season!
- Checking the holding tanks? You know there are three types of holding tanks, right? There is the fresh water tank, gray water tank and the black water tank. Make sure to get these inspected before you start your camping season. Your fresh water tank may need a new filter and your other tanks may need some cleaning. It’s important to know what kind of chemicals can go into each tank and what can’t. Remember to sanitize your tanks after your travels too!
- Brake and tail lights working? Be sure that these are working properly before you depart on your camping trip! Check to see if there are any frayed wires or anything out of the ordinary.
- Any inspections needed? How is your air conditioner? What about the heat? Slide-outs? Take a good look around your camper and check all the appliances before you take off. Make sure everything is in good working order and tested.
If you need any parts, services or inspections, please reach out to us by either calling or texting (518)-563-1983. A member of our team will be sure to reach out to you. Part of our mission at Momot Trailer Sales is to provide our guests with exceptional service from our state of the art facilities and the best products and services. We want to be the dealership you go to for all of your camping needs!
At Momot Trailer Sales, We’re Always Behind You!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 4:00pm