Cleaning and Caring for your Camper
Here at Momot Trailer Sales we want to make sure your camper stays in great working order for years to come. Part of that includes keeping up on regular cleaning and maintenance for your camper. Some of these, we can help! Our service department is designed to meet your camper’s needs in a timely fashion and with the best care possible. You can follow these tips for caring for your camper but if you’d like to schedule a service appointment you can do that too! Give us a call or text at 518-563-1983 or stop by our Service and Parts Department at 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY.
- Wash your camper with a mild detergent. This way, you won’t see streaks, stains, and so on. This will help keep your caper looking brand new if you regularly clean it after trips.
- Check the camper’s screens! If there are screens, you should check to see if there are any damages. if there are, replace them! This is when water could get in or those pesky bugs!
- Clean our your tanks as well. If you’re curious to how that is done, we have a guide you can follow on this blog for cleaning out your black/grey water tank.
- Inspect the tires on your camper before every trip! Make sure you clean them after trips as well. You don’t want them cracking or rotting!
- Grease your hitch/towing equipment when it is needed.
- Clean out your air conditioner before and after your camping season.
- Clean that roof! We’ve mentioned it before and we’ll say it again, please be sure to inspect your camper roof! You never know what branches can do to the roof of a trailer until it is too late. Inspect for scratches, tears and so on. We’ll help repair anything for you if it needs it!
- if you have an awning, roll it out to check for any frayed areas or tears. We have fabrics on sale if you need to replace any or we can get you a whole new awning put in! Check your slides too for and tears, gunk, and so on. You should keep an eye on these so you can help prevent them from getting worse or leaks to come in!
- Look at your door hinges and make sure there are no air leaks!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 4:00pm