Tired of Black Friday Shopping? #OptOutside Instead!
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is urging people to use the hashtag #OptOutside for those who are skipping the shopping and hitting the outdoors on Black Friday! We’re all about the outdoors and taking advantage of the beauty that mother nature provides for us! This year, share your outdoor experiences with us during Thanksgiving week by sharing photos to our community page on Facebook! We’d love to see the type of adventures you went on during Black Friday!
NYSDEC shares, “Thanks to REI’s 2015 closure of stores, #OptOutside has become a national movement with millions of people opting to go outside on the day after Thanksgiving. Immersing yourself in nature can provide both mental and physical benefits, and it can give you downtime from the busy holiday season.” (NYSDEC Daily Digest Bulletin, 2019). You heard that right! Why wouldn’t you want to go outside during this time of year? Enjoy what it can bring for you and try something new this year! We understand that there may be snow on the ground in some areas now, but that shouldn’t stop you! There are numerous outdoor winter activities in the area that you should take advantage of!
Here are some (not all) of the things you can do for when you #OptOutside the day after Thanksgiving:
- Take a stroll and enjoy a hike! There are plenty of mountains to hike in the Adirondacks and they offer an amazing view! However, if it is too much to hike a mountain in the winter, enjoy a stroll on a trail. There are tons to choose from around here!
- Go skiing or snowshoeing! Here is a great winter activity to enjoy with your friends and family! You can check out where to go here! Share your adventure with us!
- Sledding too! If snow is here already then you should really break out the tubes and sleds for a memorable winter ride! Have you ever been to Whiteface Mountain? You should try it out this year!
- Plan Ahead & Prepare
- Travel & Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Others
We hope you #OptOutside for Black Friday this year and share your experience with us! Be sure to post your favorite photos and memories to our community section on our Facebook page! You can always email them to Amanda at email@example.com to share on our social media platforms! If you ever need to reach us about our products and services, don’t hesitate to call or text us at (518)-563-1983 and a member of our team will reach out to you!
Momot Trailer Sales, A Buying Experience That You Can Trust!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 4:00pm