Water leaks can cause so much damage to a camper and the maintenance repairs can be both costly and time consuming. We want to help you when it comes to inspecting your camper! I would do this every few months and maybe have a service appointment scheduled in the meantime. This is good to do in case something down the road like water damage does comes up, you’d have an appointment already scheduled. However, let’s prevent this from happening!
Here are some things you can look for when you’re inspecting your camper:
- Before any leaks start, inspect all the seems in the camper’s roof and body. If you see something unusual or think you may need a sealant, we have you covered.
- Check for any discoloration and soft spots around anything that may have had an opening before it was placed in (i.e. plumbing vents, roof vents, air conditioners, etc.).
- Also, look for any discoloration and soft spots anywhere else in the camper (i.e. floors, walls, wall paper, roof, slideouts, etc.).
- Check the conditions of the appliances in or around openings of the camper. Note their locations as well if there is any water damage.
- Check in and around all kitchen cabinets, doors, cabinets above/below the bed areas, the storage compartments (including outside storage compartments).
- Check the outside of the camper for anything that looks similar to a bubble and try pressing on the sidewalls. If you feel as though you see something that resembles a bubble or if you feel the fiberglass moving, you may have water damage.
These are just a few tips gathered from THOR & KOA that may come in handy and help save you some time down the road. Your camper is a very large investment and we understand how much you care for it. Campers are something that are supposed to be fun, adventurous, relaxing and to enjoy with your loved ones. We want to be the ones to help you maintain your camper’s health and we can with our our state-of-the-art service department. It is staffed with highly trained technicians dedicated to making sure your camper stays in great working order for years to come. Here at Momot Trailer Sales, we know that getting out on the road and enjoying our great country is your priority, and we will help keep you traveling in comfort and style. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call or text at 518-563-1983 to schedule a service appointment or you can click here to do this as well right online! Want to stop by our Service & Parts location instead? You should! We’re located on 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, New York! Come in today!