Campfire Baked Apples is a Quick and Easy Recipe!
Source: Kampgrounds of America
The prep for this recipe is quick and easy! Plus, these baked apples is a delicious comfort food that is lower in calories. If you want something sweet for around Halloween time but need a break from the candy, this will kick that craving to the curb! Kids will love this sweet treat too! Share a picture of you trying it out in our Community section on our Facebook pages! We’d love to hear from you!
- 4 large apples
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon softened butter
- Core the apples.
- Brush inside of the apples with the 1/2 of the lemon juice.
- Put each apple on its own 10-square inch sheet of aluminum foil.
- Mix in a small bowl the rest of the lemon juice, as well as the cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/2 of the butter.
- Press the dried fruit mixture into the middle of each apple.
- Cut the rest of the butter into four pieces.
- Place one piece of butter on top of each apple.
- Wrap the aluminum foil up tightly over the apple.
- Place the foil wrapped apples in (or next to) hot coals and cook for 30 minutes to an hour.
At Momot Trailer Sales, We’re Always Behind You!
Service & Parts: 240 Tom Miller Road in Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 4:00pm