Check out this week’s delicious camping recipe from AllRecipes! “This tried-and-true Girl Scouts® inspired recipe is quick to make, and requires minimal clean-up. Serve with salsa and some sour cream on the side.” Let us know what you think by sharing a photo to our Community page on Facebook!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 mounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in black beans and red bell pepper; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cut four 13×13-inch pieces of aluminum foil.
- Place 1 tortilla on each piece of aluminum foil. Spoon beef mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla. Divide cheese evenly among tortillas. Fold opposing edges of each tortilla to overlap the filling. Roll up in the shape of a burrito, sealing ends.
- Rinse and dry 4 half-gallon wax-lined milk cartons. Cut several 1-inch diamond-shaped vents into 2 corners of each milk carton, near the bottom. Place a wrapped burrito inside each carton.
- Place milk cartons in a safe cooking area outdoors. Light each on fire at one of the vents; cook until cartons burn down, about 2 minutes. Gently unwrap burritos with heatproof gloves.